Most people realize these days that yo-yo dieting doesn't work. Actually it in the long run it causes weight gain.
By making small daily adjustments to the way you eat and move can shift those pounds easily and painlessly, without your body thinking that you are staving it yet again.
Restricting calories simply slows down your metabolism which causes weight gain. Only changes to your lifestyle in small but easy ways can give you the permanent weight loss and health and fitness that should be yours.
Simply read through the list of easy weight loss tips and begin by choosing the ones that apply to you and appeal to you. By just choosing a few at a time and gradually adding more changes as those become a habit with you will in time help yourself reach your weight loss goals without effort.
The tips given are in no particular order so that you read through them all often to help you to make the best choices for you personally.
Good look and welcome very soon to the new gorgeous you!
1. Always make sure that your bedroom is fairly dark. This enables your body to be sensitive to leptin. This hormone tells your body when you are full.
2. Ensure that you get a good nights sleep, by going to bed and rising at the same time each day. This will set your body clock, giving you a better nights sleep.
3. Drink a tablespoon of cider vinegar with water each day. This acid drink will help your body digest carbs, and slow the rate that they enter your bloodstream.
4. Don't be afraid to add butter to a meal or sandwich as it increases your metabolism and satisfies you which in turn make you eat less.
5. Don't eat anything if possible after 8.00pm in the evening.
6. If you must eat something before you go to bed choose protein such as yogurt, chicken or turkey.
7. A handful of nuts as a snack can be satisfying and stave off the hunger pains for a long time.
8. If possible eat five smaller meals a day instead of three larger ones.
9. Sip green tea throughout the day. It contains compounds that burn fat and increases your metabolic rate.
10. Always take lunch with you to work. The best way is to cook extra dinner and take the leftovers with you to work. Or to make up a healthy but crunchy salad by adding nuts to your normal salad mix.
11. Pin up a photo of yourself at your ideal weight or of someone else's body without the head part. You want to give yourself a positive picture and not a negative picture. Our natural tendency is to move towards the way we want to be so always go for the best picture you can find.
12. Add garlic and onions to your meals as they act on the fat by stopping some of it being absorbed into your body.
13. Taking the Pill has been found to cause weight gain. If possible use another form of contraception.
14. Nuts are high in calories but very good for you. Just a handful will give you some good nutrients and slows down your appetite.
15. Sit down to family meals whenever possible. It makes you more relaxed and less likely to overeat and normally the meals are cooked and more healthful than snack type meals.
16. Trans-fats are bad fats and are found in margarine, some cooking oils and salad dressings. Olive oil and grape-seed oil are ideal for you.
17. If you can take even a short walk before you eat and then another one about an hour later you will burn up to 15% more calories.
18. The best time for a walk is after lunch and early afternoon. The body is at a higher temperature and can utilize the used calories much better.
19. Choose lean protein every time for your main meal. Fish or skinless chicken is the best choice followed by lean cuts of beef and pork.
20. When you go for a walk choose a route that takes you uphill for some of the time. Walking up hill burns more calories.
21. Be aware of hidden fats found in commercial baked goods and hard cheeses, cream soups and creamy salad dressings.
22. When walking carry a set of small hand weights. This will not only burn more calories but will give your arms some tightening and make them stronger.
23. Water, water, water. Drink eight full glasses a day. Remember when you feel hungry you may just be dry so try a glass of water first.
24. Don't let your family and friends sabotage you. They may be in the habit of pleasing people with foods or they may be jealous of the progress you are making. Say No!
25. In the same way the Pill can cause weight gain so can HRT in some people. Look for natural alternatives.
26. Always choose a low fat milk and yogurt. These days the taste is much the same and you soon get used to the small difference.
27. When you eat a protein meal include some fiber, preferably whole-grain. This combination will keep you going longer than eating them individually.
28. One cup of coffee a day without sugar can help to prevent weight gain on your tummy.
29. Go to bed earlier. A full eight hours sleep per night produces more leptin that controls your appetite.
30. Turn off the television when you eat. It has been shown that we consume far more calories when our mind is occupied elsewhere.
31. Eat as much of your diet as possible in the fresh and original state. Fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, nuts and cooked meat. Eating these foods will help speed up your metabolism.
32. Go to bed feeling a little hungry. It won't worry you for long and it gives your body chance to accept feeling hungry sometimes is okay.
33. Limit your intake of alcohol. The best choice is one glass of red wine every other day as this has a useful amount of antioxidants that is good for your body and immune system.
34. Complex carbohydrates are more easily turned into energy by the body than they are turned to fat. These include nuts, beans, vegetable and whole grain bread and brown rice.
35. Wheat either in breads, cereals or baked goods is more likely to make you gain weight. Avoid the ones you can and choose products with low wheat content when possible.
36. Spending some time in the sun each day will allow your body to absorb vitamin D and the MSH hormone which are both essential to weight loss. But please avoid the midday hours when the sun is likely to burn.
37. When you crave some carbs, eat an apple which will curb your appetite and help you get through to your next meal time.
38. Stress is a great weight gainer so try meditating for ten minutes a day. Sit quietly and simply concentrate on noticing your breathing.
39. Avoid stressful situations. Stress releases a hormone called Cortisol which affects the body causing weight gain.
40. Have your thyroid function checked by your doctor. Slow functioning slows down your body and quickly causes weight gain. If you need medication this can make a huge difference in the battle of the bulge.
41. If you go to the cinema or a show choose mineral water and plain popcorn as your snack. Or take a sensible snack with you.
42. Eat yogurt regularly in order to keep good bacteria in your intestines. This will help your body to process food in the correct way.
43. Keep occupied to take your mind off eating. Take up a hobby such as knitting or something else that keeps your hands and mind occupied.
44. Get out and about and try sightseeing, walking around the shopping mall, swimming or team sports. The more active you become the more calories you will burn.
45. Eat cooked food as well as salads. Warm food is digested quicker and therefore moves faster through your body and speeds your metabolism.
46. When supermarket shopping try to stick to the outer aisles. This is where the fresh food and meats can be found. The centre aisles house all the calorie laden man-made snacks. Avoid them!
47. We often fill our plates up too full and then feel that we have to eat what is in front of us. Make it a habit to leave at least ten per cent of the meal on the plate and restrict the amount you cook to start with.
48. Put lively music on when doing jobs around the house. Have some fun dancing with the broom and move more purposefully as you work.
49. Always, always remove the skin from chicken before you eat it. It has double the amount of calories as the chicken meat.
50. Twice a day walk up and down a flight of steps for ten minutes. You will be amazed at how this improves your fitness and you slimness.
51. When eating pasta either at home or out at a restaurant, always choose the tomato sauce and avoid the white cream sauces.
52. Buy a pedometer and aim to walk 10,000 steps each day.
53. When the gravy boat gets passed around the table let it pass you by.
54. Get out in the garden a do a little digging or mow the lawn.
55. When buying tuna choose the type that is packed with water and avoid the ones packed with oil.
56. When eating out choose a salad with your meat or fish and not the French fries.
57. On a sunny day get outside and wash the car instead of going through the car wash. Saves money too.
58. A great snack to choose is raw carrot dipped into a tub of hummus.
59. Buy a fun exercise video and put it on four times a week.
60. Always look for fruit that is tinned in natural juice not syrup.
61. Make use of any nearby swimming pool. This great exercise is fun to do and doesn't put strain on your muscles.
62. Play with your children or grandchildren. Chase them and race them. They will love it and so will you.
63. If you must have a pizza, choose the vegetarian option. They have fewer calories than the fatty meats usually used.
64. Clean out the wardrobe or a set of drawers. Gives you exercise and keeps you occupied and you end up with a nice neat and tidy room.
65. Team up with a weight loss buddy who can encourage you and keep you on track.
66. Avoid getting too hungry, this will cause you to go back to old habits. Eat something every three hours and choose a low calorie snack.
67. Do some weight lifting and some weight bearing exercise. Although muscle weighs heavier than fat it does allow you to eat more and not put on weight. Even lifting a couple of cans out of the pantry can help or lifting your child up and down lots of times.
68. Weigh yourself regularly. If you don't monitor your weight you will soon find it going up and out of control.
69. If you find that you have had a weak moment and pigged out don't worry. Simply refocus, after all you a not on a diet you are simply making small changes and losing weight without effort.
70. Always eat slowly. Remember what your grandmother said about chewing each bite ten times! Make your meal last so that your body has time to tell you that you are full.
71. If you take sugar in your tea or coffee stop now. It only takes a couple of weeks to get used too and then you will find that sugar will taste sickly after that.
72. Roast or grill meat and avoid any type of fried meat or fish.
73. Remember that you aren't trying all these weight loss strategies at the same time but choosing instead the ones you feel comfortable with.
74. Consult a nutritionist if you aren't sure which foods are good for you. They can tell you a lot in one appointment, knowledge is power.
75. Either go dancing or put on a favorite CD and dance away in your home.
76. Buy a little calorie book from your local bookseller. Then when you are not sure of the calorie content you can look it up.
77. When driving to work if you pass fast food shops choose another route so you are not tempted.
78. Use smaller plates.
79. Book a good low fat cookery book and try out new recipes so you don't get bored with the same meals all the time.
80. Eat a couple of squares of dark chocolate when you feel that you must have something nice and sweet.
81. Choose whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta.
82. Stuff a large capsicum with minced meat, chicken or fish and bake in the oven. Lovely and low fat.
83. Spend a few minutes each day in a comfortable chair and let yourself daydream of a wonderful slim you and enjoy the feeling.
84. Use a chicken or beef stock to stir fry with instead of oil.
85. Have low calorie snacks available and ready to eat in your fridge.
86. Chewing sugarless gum can be a life saver. Keep some in the car.
87. Love your wine. Drink half a glass instead of a full one each time.
88. Check out the food labels of similar food and choose the one with fewer calories.
89. Take a shopping list to the grocery store. Stick to it. Get what you want and get out fast.
90. Utilize the latest packets of mixed vegetables that you can microwave in minutes. They will be fat free and always ready and easy to go.
91. Use herbs and spices instead of oils and butters. Some hot spices increase your metabolism and help with weight loss.
92. Watch less television or record your programs so that you can fast forward over all those delicious food adverts.
93. Avoid watching cookery programs unless they are low fat or low calorie ones.
94. Drink water instead of fruit juice most of the time. Saves calories.
95. Don't drink full sodas, choose the zero calorie option.
96. Check out natural herb tablets that can assist with weight loss at your local pharmacy store.
97. Fruit sorbet makes an excellent choice for dessert when dining out.
98. Hurrah, McDonald's now offer a lean burger. If you really can't resist a burger this is one for you.
99. When eating out ask for a doggie bag and take half of your meal home to have the next day.
100. Remember even though food tastes good, being thinner can feel a lot better.
101. Lastly life is for enjoying. Ease into these tips and let the weight come off slowly. At the end of the day it's all in the mind. If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you can't.